- Increase financial stability for 100,000 Maricopa County residents by 2020.
Financial education can transform any life, no matter how big the economic roadblocks may seem. Each step an individual takes carries them toward financial independence. A checking account creates ease of paying vital monthly bills. Building savings enables families to respond to emergencies. Developing a spending plan builds confidence and credit. And, a career path stabilizes finances for the long-term and lights the path out of poverty.
Valley of the Sun United Way trains financial coaches from partner non-profit, government, and business organizations. These coaches are trained to help families:
- Determine personal financial priorities
- Manage money and household budgets
- Set and achieve financial goals
Together, we provide families and individuals the roadmap to a better future.
You can help Increase Financial Stability of Families and Individuals:
- GIVE: Your donations provide the coaching and tools to help families gain financial independence. Find out the many ways to give. The Working Poor Tax Credit is a great way to help families gain financial independence and receive a full tax credit even if you don’t itemize.
- ADVOCATE: Share our spending plan tip sheet to help others get ahead.