Gift Acceptance Policy
- A minimum of $2,500 or 10% of your gift (whichever is greater) must be invested in Valley of the Sun United Way or one of its focus areas.
Gifts may be restricted at the written request of the donor and directed in the following manner:
- Agencies that provide direct health and human services to their constituents and are registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization;
- Programs which provide health and human services at a non-health and human service agency registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization.
- United Way is pleased to accept gifts of securities. Please note that mutual fund shares are acceptable as a gift, but some funds may require pre-registration, which may affect the date of receipt of your gift. For more information on contributing securities, download our Securities Contribution Form.
- United Way cannot accept gifts for capital campaigns, government agencies, university alumni associations, religious institutions (i.e: churches, synagogues, etc.), or political action committees.
United Way cannot accept donations for which the donor receives a value, such as sponsorships, auction items, memberships or attendance at fundraising events.
Gifts restricted to eligible agencies will be paid in the month following receipt of gift payment.
Please contact the Major Gifts Team with any questions at 602.631.4826.