The Situation in Maricopa County
27% of households don’t have a bank account or are under utilizing banking services, limiting their financial stability.
- 667,000 people live at or below the poverty line.
- Many Arizonans struggle with the two key factors to strong financial stability: creating and following a budget, and paying off debts.
- When a family is financially stable, it improves the well-being, health, and future for parents and kids.
The Solution: Financial Coach Training
Thanks to our donors, we train case managers to become financial coaches. Case managers are already working with families everyday, and this intensive 4-week program gives them the knowledge they need to easily integrate financial coaching into their daily work with clients. Coaches are trained on how to guide their clients towards long-term financial stability by way of money management, household budgeting, credit repair, personal financial priority setting, and more.
“Because of you, I’m the one investing in my future.”
Creating a financially stable future for local families
- We have trained more than 1,000 coaches
- We are proud to be the only non-profit that provides free financial coach training to case managers in Maricopa County
- Train 140 more coaches this year
- 5,000 individuals or families improve financial stability through decreased debt, increased income, improved FICO score, or other key measurements
How Can I Help?
Fund a Coach
You can become a part of creating more financial coaches in the Valley by providing a coach with a scholarship to attend the class and improve their skills. An investment of $1,200 can provide a scholarship for one financial coach.
Adopt a Family
You can support a family’s financial coach needs for one year, giving them the one on one attention that will help them get on their feet and on the right path for healthy personal finance. Contact Vicki Fiorelli at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities.
You can help break the cycle of poverty by volunteering at Interview Fairs, FAFSA Days, (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) College Application Days, and Project Connect.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available to support our community.
Visit vsuw.org/volunteer to learn more.