Who We’re Looking For
We’re focused on breaking the cycle of poverty. But we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who live up to our values:
- Uphold the highest ethical standards
- Act with compassion
- Exceed expectations always
- Be accountable in all we do
- Commit to quality work and continuous improvement
- Reflect the diversity of our community
- Promote teamwork and cooperation
In addition to our values, we’re looking for people who are:
- Hand-raisers who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
- Game-changers who aren’t afraid of bringing new ideas to the table, looking at things from an outside perspective, and shaking things up.
- Cycle-Breakers who are passionate about taking a hands-on approach to breaking the cycle of poverty in Maricopa County.
We’re focused on culture. Our Culture Crew, a voluntary employee-run group, serves to design, develop, and facilitate programs, events, and activities that will:
- Bring VSUW’s values to life.
- Help staff members remain connected, engaged, and motivated.
- Make VSUW a fun and enjoyable place to work.
VSUW has a robust professional development program called L.E.A.D. – Learn. Educate. Advance. Discover. This includes frequent learning opportunities, including monthly lunch and learns and training sessions, covering technical and soft skills.
Diversity and Inclusion statement:
VSUW believes culturally diverse governance structures and workforces are assets to VSUW and its participating organizations. VSUW values each person as an individual, promotes the understanding and appreciation of cultural differences, and advocates, encourages, and supports the development and implementation of plans and actions to recruit, retain, develop, and advance people of culturally diverse backgrounds throughout VSUW.
Equal Opportunity Employer statement:
VSUW is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is the policy of VSUW and the responsibility of every staff member to treat colleagues fairly and in a professional, cooperative manner. It is the policy of VSUW to hire, employ, train, retain, promote, compensate, demote, discipline, terminate, and otherwise treat all staff members and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence without regard to race, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religion, marital status, genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.