Valley of the Sun United Way supports local programs in our community that unite to break the cycle of poverty, through education, financial stability, food and housing. If you are a 501(c)3 or school serving residents of Maricopa County through innovative solutions in one of these categories, you can submit an application by June 18, 2019 at 4 p.m. to be considered for funding.
United Way will host optional grant application orientations.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (webinar)
- Thursday, May 30, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. (webinar)
Education opens up opportunity in our community, especially for economically disadvantaged students, which is key to breaking the cycle of poverty. This fund will accept proposals for the following activities, strategies and/or services:
- Ensure all children are school ready
- Improve access to, and quality of, youth development programs
- Improve youth readiness for post-secondary education and employment
Breaking the cycle of poverty requires addressing the financial stability of individuals and families in our community. This fund will accept proposals for the following activities, strategies and/or services:
- Workforce solutions, leading to employment, for individuals who are experiencing homelessness and/or housing instability and are not prioritized for housing
- Innovation around safe, affordable financial tools and products for low income individuals and families
Food and Housing
Homelessness and poverty are inextricably linked. Housing is a critical foundation from which a person or family can begin to emerge from poverty. In addition, a basic component of what it means to thrive is access to quality, nutritious food. Kids who have this are better able to focus in school, and seniors are better able to recover from chronic health issues such as diabetes and hypertension. This fund will accept proposals for the following activities, strategies/or services:
- Prevent families and individuals from entering homelessness
- Support a robust housing crisis response system to quickly identify those experiencing homelessness and connect them quickly to housing
- Support vulnerable families and individuals by providing emergency food and nutrition benefits
Grant Application Timeline
- June 18, 2019 – Grant Application Due, by 5 p.m. in e-CImpact
- July 2019 – Volunteer and Staff Review of Grant Applications
- August 2019 – Funding Recommendations Determined
- August/September 2019 – Funding Recommendations Approved by Volunteer Leadership
- September 2019 – Award and Decline Letters Sent to Agencies
- October 2019 – Grant Awards Begin, First Quarterly Payments Paid Out
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Valley of the Sun United Way has become synonymous with caring and helping children, families and individuals. But we can't do it alone. That's why we're engaging partners within our community to provide innovative solutions to some of the Valley's most critical challenges. Please check back soon for updates.