People often ask us what it means to LIVE UNITED. It’s an invitation to give what you can, be a voice for your favorite cause and volunteer. Your contributions, combined with all the contributions of other generous supporters in Maricopa County, activate long-lasting change and build a stronger community for us all. This is what it means to LIVE UNITED!
Find ways this February to share the love of helping others while social distancing – It’s our way to show how much we “heart” you!
1. Love our Freedoms – National Freedom Day honors the signing of the resolution that later became the 13th amendment. Celebrate the freedoms we value the most, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Celebrate ways to honors those across all cultures.
2. Love your Heart – National Wear Red Day celebrates American Heart Month to raise and spread awareness to help eradicate heart disease and stroke in millions of women all over the nation. We wear red to show support.
3. Love your Community – “Explore the Good” in your own community for Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17th. Start a kindness jar, leave notes for your neighbors, and support nonprofit charities that support kindness to others. The possibilities to be kind to others is endless.
4. Love your Mother Earth – As the weather warms up now is a great time to maybe start a butterfly garden. Help provide a place for pollinators to survive and thrive while growing food and beautiful flowers!
5. Love our teachers – This year has been unprecedented so let’s show our educators how much we support their dedication with a virtual thank you card.
6. Love your Food – Celebrate great food by supporting these Black owned local eateries.
7. Love the Elders in our Community – Social distancing is still the safest way to support our seniors, but they are missing communication with others. Write them a note to brighten their day.
9. Love to Learn – In honor of Black History Month, Google Arts and Culture is offering online exhibits, and virtual tours, including more than 200 curated digital stories.
10. Love to Read – Be a virtual tutor to children in Maricopa County as a Vello Volunteer.
11. Love our Journey – Join in with your family to explore these Diversity, equity and inclusion activities.