What We Do
A community of young professional who look to advance the mission of Valley of the Sun United Way through volunteering, connecting and philanthropy. Generation United stewards the partnership for systematic change to end chronic hunger in the Town of Guadalupe. By focusing on one community area, we can create measurable outcomes across the Valley.
Across Maricopa County, we connect together to learn more about the community resiliency in the Town of Guadalupe and how we can support Valley of the Sun United Way’s work to end poverty.
We roll up our sleeves and give back to our local community by listening to the Town of Guadalupe and supporting them with their needs to end chronic hunger. Events include sustaining a Community Garden, baseball clinics for the youth, Health Fairs, educational outreach and Community Task Force involvement.
We network together over happy hour across the Valley at the latest bars and restaurants. As we network we give back to the Town of Guadalupe by bringing a donated item (books, candy for Halloween, winter clothing, etc) and learning more about how you can help us break the cycle of poverty in Maricopa County.
Be the pipeline for change in your community! We cultivate young leaders to be involved and share our message with our local community.
Why You Should Join Us!
- Because we have fun while giving back and helping out our community!
- We make measurable impact in our community! We have nearly 6,000 GenU Members from across the valley and together last year, we gave $609,000 and raised $10,000 for Valley of the Sun United Way!
- Make a new friend - You’re unifying with others in the community. This allows you an opportunity to join forces with like-minded individuals who are seeking the same goals you are; Instantly creating a sense of comradery and new found friendships
- Leadership development - gives you an opportunity to develop your skills as a leader, and this is important not only for your personal growth, but for your growth in your career.
- Strength in numbers - We live in a day and age where establishing a presence in any given career field often demands working long hours in the office and bringing work home when the doors close. At the end of the day, you may have ideas for cultivating partnerships, yet not feel up to shouldering all the responsibility to organize them. In a community organization, you have access to an established support system of experienced people who are motivated to get things done. The battle is half-won!
Connect to the Cause
Thursday, March 29, 5:30pm-7pm
The Porch, 4017 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
GenU Fun Fest
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Registration opens at 9: 30 a.m.; games played from 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Margaret T. Hance Park East 1202 N. Third St., Phoenix, 85004