You and your family can break the cycle of poverty from under your own roof. It’s not always easy to find time where you can get everyone together to go to a volunteer event, but with these quick and easy activities, you can volunteer with your kids any time!
- Back to School Supply Drive | Help students get prepared for the school year with a few simple supplies.
- Book-in-a-Bag | Team-up with coworkers, friends and family and create Valley of the Sun United Way’s Books-In-A-Bag.
- Encouragement Cards | Create cards with positive phrases to show children who receive VSUW weekend meals that a caring adult believes in them.
- Encouragement Bookmarks | Students can have a positive experience opening a book with an encouragement card from you.
- Growing Together | Grow seedlings to plant in community gardens across the Valley and help communities grow together!
- Make Saving a HOOT! | Show your child how saving can be fun with an owl bank craft!
- Learn About Budgeting | Use a 3 way budgeting system to teach your kids about finances and giving.
- Share The Love | Gather all non-perishable ingredients for one of your favorite recipes and put them in a box with the recipe for a Family Food Box!
- Summer Relief Kits | Put together toiletry kits to bring comfort to someone experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County.
- Teacher Supply Kits | We know teachers are going the extra mile and willingly paying out of pocket for classroom materials. Let’s give them a hand by donating much-needed school supplies.
- T-Shirt Dog Toys | Upcycle your old t-shirts into a fun toy for furry friends!
Interested in additional volunteer opportunities? Sign up below to receive email notifications.