We know that you want to make a difference while spending time with friends and family. With how crazy schedules can be, it's not always easy to get everyone together. In 4 simple steps, you and your friends, family, or co-workers can do some fun activities together that benefit your community from your very own home.
- Purchase any materials you don't have for your activity of choice
- Bring your friends and family together and click the activity below to follow instructions for the activity
- Post your projects on your social media networks with #UnitePHX
- Schedule a pick up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4th of July Party With a Purpose | Gather your friends and family to barbeque, swim, or enjoy fireworks together and Party With a Purpose to create a stronger community.
- Back to School Supply Drive 2017-2018 | Help students get prepared for the school year with a few simple supplies.
- Recipe Cards | Provide a delicious meal for a deserving family by sharing your favorite nutritious recipe.
- Summer Relief Kits | Put together toiletry kits to bring comfort to someone experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County.
- Book-in-a-Bag | Team-up with coworkers, friends and family and create Valley of the Sun United Way’s Books-In-A-Bag.
- Encouragement Cards | Create cards with positive phrases to show children who receive VSUW weekend meals that a caring adult believes in them.
- Teacher Supply Kits | We know teachers are going the extra mile and willingly paying out of pocket for classroom materials. Let’s give them a hand by donating much-needed school supplies.
- Garden Kit | Teach sustainability that could last a lifetime by sharing gardening materials with those who are experiencing hunger.
- Student Activity Kits | Put together kits filled with erasers, pencils, crayons, college-ruled paper and more to keep students' skills sharp during Winter Break.
- Share The Love | Gather all non-perishable ingredients for one of your favorite recipes and put them in a box with the recipe for a Family Food Box!
- Make Saving a HOOT! | Show your child how saving can be fun with an owl bank craft!
- Learn About Budgeting | Use a 3 way budgeting system to teach your kids about finances and giving.
- Sight Words | You can help children learn to love reading by making it simple!
Interested in additional volunteer opportunities? Sign up below to receive email notifications.