United Way Staff Members Available for Media Coverage On Issues Related To Poverty, Homelessness, Hunger and Families
PHOENIX, Arizona (date) — Valley of the Sun United Way’s team of experts in the nonprofit community are available to provide insight and commentary on issues related to poverty.
United Way’s expertise could prove particularly valuable in several areas of the fight against poverty, including the following:
- Homelessness and efforts being done to provide housing in our community
- Hunger, including experts who can speak to the negative impact of hunger on students and on programs designed to end hunger in the classroom
- Financial stability for families
- Ensuring children success and improving educational outcomes
- Early education and quality childcare
- Family and youth volunteerism, community philanthropy and business philanthropy
Potential segments could include commentary on new education initiatives, steps to help the Valley’s homeless population, resources for those who are struggling to put food on the table, or tips on connecting to resources that help families achieve financial stability.
To schedule interviews, please contact Jamie Killin at the number above or Tom Evans at 602.448.5483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1925, Valley of the Sun United Way has worked to accomplish several key community objectives:
- Ensure children succeed
- End hunger
- End homelessness
- Increase families and individuals’ financial stability
Overall, these efforts are designed to break the cycle of poverty in our community and improve the overall quality of life for Valley residents. Valley of the Sun United Way believes the success of these objectives will create a strong foundation for the entire community to thrive.